Otherwise known as bonding, composite is a tooth-coloured resin material (a durable plastic material) which cures with visible, blue light. Composite bonds to the tooth and improves the overall appearance of teeth.
Composite bonding techniques have various clinical applications such as to repair decayed, chipped, fractured, discoloured teeth, to make teeth appear longer, and as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings. Bonding can be done in a single visit.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered to:
- Repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Change the shape of teeth
- Use as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recedeBonding can be done in a single visit.
Call ☎ (03) 9557 3144 to make an appointment with Dr Strauch